Lauderdale Media is bringing MidSouth Fashion Week to the Cook Convention Center this weekend.
Designers Korto Momolu, Leanne Marshall and Kenley Collins backstage at the Project Runway Finalists Fashion Show in late 2008.
Jackie Thomas, of Lauderdale Media, represents Korto Momolu and Krista White, both scheduled to appear at the events. White, of Pine Bluff Ark., won Cycle 14 of America's Next Top Model. Momolu, of Little Rock, Ark., competed on Project Runway.
Project Runway alum Jerrell Scott and Gordana Gehlhausen are also slated to appear.
Event schedule (all held at The Cook Convention Center):
- 6 - 9 p.m., Opening Reception, $20 in advance, $30 at the door. Meet and greet with hostess, designers, sponsors, etc.
- Noon - 2 p.m., Business Side of Fashion, $30 online, $35 at the door. Seminar/conference featuring panelists from the entertainment industry, press and reality tv covering the main aspects of business as it relates to the fashion world, brand marketing, pr, manufacturing, copyrights, trademarks, etc.
- 3 - 5 p.m., Reality of the Runway, $30 online, $35 at the door. Seminar/conference featuring reality tv panelists covering aspects of the reality tv industry, secrets to the audition process and how to capitalize on the business aspects after the season is over.
- 6 - 9 p.m., Saturday Night Fashion Show, tickets from $35 - $65. Featuring local and regional accessory and fashion designers.
- 5 - 8 p.m., Celebrity Designer Fashion Show, tickets from $50 - $100.
Click here for more information and/or to purchase tickets. Tickets can also be purchased at the convention center or Ticketmaster.